[Herald Interview] Park Youn
简介Park Youn-hee, the founder and head of fashion brand Greedilous, took the steps that most fashion de ...
Park Youn-hee, the founder and head of fashion brand Greedilous, took the steps that most fashion designers take. She majored in fashion design at a university in Busan and entered the fashion industry as a designer at local women’s clothing brands Obzee and Handsome, which is now run by the Korean fashion conglomerate Hyundai Department Store Group. After 15 years working at the company, she is now in her 12th year of running her own fashion brand.
“I was a bit tired of company politics and gossip. My father one day asked me if I was happy. I was working to death,” Park told The Korea Herald in an interview held in her showroom in Seoul's Gangnam district on Oct. 12.
Her first and only brand Greedilous, is a combination of the words "greedy" and "fabulous," and represents her identity and energy.
“I’m always interested in myself. The brand is myself. I also delve into what’s inside me, how to spread positive energy to people around,” the 43-year-old designer said.
“I am who I am. I’m the one and only.”
Park defines fashion as something that goes beyond just clothes. That’s the reason why she collaborates with other fashion brands and even with non-traditional partners like LG Group. Most recently, she worked on AI designer Tilda, which has been brought to life using LG AI Research's super-giant AI Exaone, Tilda’s brain. Tilda debuted at the 2022 New York Fashion Week, where she created unique patterns based on Park’s details. During the duration of the project, Tilda created more than 3,000 images and patterns.
The next project is with LG Display, details of which have not been disclosed.
“I try to stretch the realm as a fashion designer and create more opportunities for people to experience my brand. That’s why I also appear on reality TV shows,” Park said.
When asked about her goals and dreams, Park simply said she wants to be a giver.
“My latest shows have been inspired by my will to become a giving person. A person who gives love, a person who gives meaning to people. I want to change people’s perception of social minorities because we are all humans. What heals our world is, in the end, humans,” Park said.
Online art platform ART Fin kicks off the exhibition “The Present” on Tuesday at ART Fin gallery in ...
You could say Joe Cristalli tweeted his role as an executive producer and co-showrunner on the new “ ...
This year’s Busan International Film Festival, which kicked off Oct. 4, invited a total of 269 movie ...
- "백두의 칼바람 알면 혁명가 모르면 배신자"…北, 12만명 등산
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- 4 contentious bills scrapped in revote after Yoon's veto
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- Koreans will 'freeze to death' for iced Americanos even in winter
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- '12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- 러 매체 “北 위성에 러시아 도움, 근거 없다…포탄 지원설도 마찬가지”
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Violinist Yoo Da
- Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea's Busan making last
- School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
- Samsung Biologics sees highest
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
- Seoul shares close more than 1% higher on extended Israel
- YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- Volvo EX30 debuts in Korea
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- Seoul shares close tad lower ahead of BOK's rate decision