Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
简介Shinhan Financial Group announced Tuesday that it will invest 6.5 billion won ($4.82 million) into H ...
Shinhan Financial Group announced Tuesday that it will invest 6.5 billion won ($4.82 million) into Habit Factory, an advanced data analysis insurance technology start-up, through the group’s strategic investment fund.
According to the financial institution, Habit Factory is a Seoul-based "insurtech" company -- a portmanteau of “insurance” and “technology” that aims to innovate the traditional insurance industry through the use of information technologies including data analysis and artificial intelligence.
In particular, Habit Factory operates its flagship insurance application called Signal Planner. Using AI technology, the app compares and recommends various customized products for users based on large database analysis, and through the results, its insurance agents provide tailored consultant services.
Through this investment, Shinhan not only plans to forge strategic partnerships with the insurance agency but also aims to collaborate across various fields such as developing customized financial products, through the sharing of expertise, and core competencies between the two parties.
“We are delighted to form a partnership with a promising startup that is leading new trends in the insurance industry,” said an official from Shinhan Financial Group. “Going forward, we plan to actively expand our footprint in the digital ecosystem by continuously collaborating with rising startups through our strategic venture capital investment.”
Earlier in June, under its affiliate Shinhan Venture Investment, the financial group debuted its megafund for digital strategic investment called “Shinhan Hyper Connect Investment Association” worth 270 billion won, with the aim of enhancing the group’s capacity in venture capital investments.
China's consumer prices experienced their fastest decline in three years this November, while f ...
Mirae Asset Securities, Korea’s largest investment bank and securities firm, said Wednesday that it ...
South Korea has reached a point where accepting more immigrants under a solid policy is no longer a ...
- ‘Gyeongseong Creature’ to lead year
- [Today’s K
- 신당 추진 이준석 ‘천아용인’과 회동…김용태 “작전 이해 간다”
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- Jungkook adopts guerilla tactics for 'Golden' promotion
- KBS ‘Goryeo
- 尹 대통령 “새마을정신 되새겨 혁신과 창의로 뭉쳐야”
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- 이동관 탄핵땐 방통위 1명 남아, 방송 재승인·재허가 올스톱
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- KT&G unveils W2.8tr shareholder return plan
- Ruling party urges Yoon to veto opposition
- Facing bedbug crisis, Koreans create online dashboards to track them
- UNESCO HQ hit by largest
- Ruling party reform committee under pressure to disband
- 9·19 합의 취약점 '대북 감시' 공백, 미국 위성으로 메운다
- Music director, composer Jung Jae
- BTS company Hybe heading to Latin America
- KBS determined to regain public trust
- SK hynix starts supply of world’s fastest mobile DRAM for China's Vivo
- Business groups condemn labor union immunity bill
- [Herald Interview] Inaugural meeting maps UNC 2.0 amid shifting security dynamics
- Redbreast 15 Year Old whiskey debuts in Korea
- S. Korea, US defense chiefs discuss 'tailored deterrence strategy' on N. Korea
- S. Korean literary giant Hwang Sok
- [From the Scene] Building 100
- SK On to furlough workers, cut production at US plant
- 감사원, 文정부 소상공인 지원 실태 감사 착수
- [Our Museums] Seek hidden tales of Korean masks at Hahoe Mask Museum
- Red Velvet returns with conceptual, dramatized studio album