Japan preparing to bring back some 20 S. Koreans from Israel, along with its own nationals: reports
简介Japan is preparing to take home about 20 South Koreans, along with its own nationals, on a special f ...
Japan is preparing to take home about 20 South Koreans, along with its own nationals, on a special flight from Israel, local media have reported, apparently returning the favor after Seoul brought back dozens of Japanese people from the war-torn region last week.
Japan has offered to provide South Korea with a limited number of available seats for South Koreans as it is working to determine the demand for the emergency transport among its own people, Kyodo News has reported, citing government officials.
Tokyo has sent an Air Self-Defense Force transport aircraft to Jordan for the transportation of its citizens.
The plane is expected to leave Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv at around 8 p.m. Thursday and arrive at Haneda International Airport in Tokyo early Saturday.
The flight will apparently be provided for free.
Japan's plan is seen as returning the favor to Seoul after a South Korean military aircraft brought back 51 Japanese citizens, together with 163 South Koreans, from Tel Aviv on Saturday.
Soon after the arrival, Japanese Foreign Minister Yoko Kamikawa had a phone call with her South Korean counterpart, Park Jin, and thanked Seoul for helping the Japanese nationals safely return home.
The mutual cooperation between Seoul and Tokyo comes against the backdrop of a significant warming of bilateral relations as South Korea decided not to seek compensation from Japanese companies for the harsh labor many Koreans were forced into under Japan's 1910-45 colonial rule.
About 470 South Korean nationals are staying in Israel, up from the previous tally earlier this week, as those staying on missionary purposes have newly been added, the foreign ministry said. (Yonhap)
이준석 전 국민의힘 대표가 6일 오후 서울 노원구 광운대학교에서 '더 나은 미래를 향한 우리의 고민'이라는 주제로 강연하고 있다. 뉴스1이준석 전 국민의힘 대표가 자신이 좋아하는 ...
윤석열 대통령이 2일 대전시 유성구 한국표준과학연구원에서 열린 대덕연구개발특구 50주년 미래비전 선포식에서 격려사를 하고 있다. 사진 대통령실 윤석열 대통령의 국정 지지율이 전주보 ...
A South Korean family living in Gaza crossed into Egypt through the Rafah border Thursday, Seoul ...
- US trade body finds no patent breaches by Samsung over digital signage: sources
- [New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
- Arrest warrant issued for ex
- Seoul shares up for 3rd session on Fed's rate freeze
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 6th month in October
- [New in Korean] 'The path to happiness is forgiveness,' says Korea's first million
- S. Korea reports additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle
- [Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
- Economy set for mild recovery, but bumpy road still ahead: BOK
- 2 dead, 1 in cardiac arrest in bus
- Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
- [Herald Review] Stray Kids perform new standard of '5
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- NewJeans, Ive win first national culture merit
- Hyundai Elevator wins Good Design Award 2023
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- 사전투표 D
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- [Weekender] Waiting on the North: Unified Korean dictionary project's long journey
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- Seoul shares end lower amid conflict in Middle East
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul