Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
简介President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Cultu ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Culture Minister Yoo In-chon on Saturday, the presidential office said.
Shin, a lawmaker of the ruling People Power Party and a former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was nominated by Yoon last month. He replaced Defense Minister Lee Jong-sup who offered to resign amid the main opposition Democratic Party's push to impeach him over his handling of a military investigation into a young Marine's death.
Yoo, special presidential adviser for culture and sports, will replace Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Bo-kyoon.
Yoo had served as the first culture minister for former President Lee Myung-bak from 2008 to 2011.
The two were not confirmed by the National Assembly, but the presidential office said Yoon approved their appointments as the new ministers need time to prepare for the annual parliamentary audit set to kick off Tuesday. (Yonhap)
South Korean aerospace and defense firm LIG Nex1 has decided to acquire a 60 percent stake in Americ ...
9월 셋째 주 주요뉴스 키워드는 #통계조작 #조국 #최강인 의원직상실 #정유정 계획범죄 인정 #세수 펑크 #이재명 체포동의안 가결 #미국ㆍ이란 수김자 맞교환 #윤 대통령 UN총회 ...
제1 야당 대표 체포동의안 표결은 팽팽한 긴장감 속에서 진행됐다. 21일 오후 국회 본회의장에 들어선 더불어민주당 의원들은 서로의 마음을 확인하려는 듯 삼삼오오 모여 이야기를 나눴 ...
- [Herald Interview] Zion.T aims to rebrand with new LP ‘Zip’
- [Herald Review] Musical 'Yujin and Yujin' captivates Taiwanese audience
- 'Making economy more dynamic a top priority': finance minister nominee
- Solbi talks about dealing with malicious online comments in documentary
- [Korean History] Deadly sinking of Navy ship in 2010 marks worst postwar military disaster
- N. Korea closes 7 embassies, now down to 46, says Seoul
- Woman claiming to 'see God' committed to mental health facility
- Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
- KFCC hosts workshop for sustainable growth in Africa
- S. Korea's economy grows 0.6% in Q3, unchanged from earlier estimate
- New US special envoy for N. Korean human rights issues takes office, plans to visit Seoul next week
- Le Sserafim to release first English single 'Perfect Night'
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- Striving to be the best, TXT returns with 3rd LP
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- 기세 올린 이재명 체제…이번엔 한동훈 겨냥 공세 집중
- N. Korea sent more than 1,000 containers of military equipment, munitions to Russia: White House
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- Chinese avant
- “가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
- [Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
- 28th BIFF comes to an end
- GS Caltex, Posco team up on biofuel
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
- Conflict between Fifty Fifty and agency Attrakt continues to escalate
- [Today’s K
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- 한 경기도 안 뛰고 병역 면제?…국감 오른 아시안게임 '병특'