Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
简介BARCELONA, Spain – Prestige Biopharma, a Kospi-listed biopharmaceutical firm based in Singapore, sai ...
BARCELONA, Spain – Prestige Biopharma, a Kospi-listed biopharmaceutical firm based in Singapore, said Tuesday it is seeking to complete its value chain of new drug development with its upcoming research center in Busan.
“Prestige Biopharma’s research and development of antibody drugs will pick up speed after the company opens its new research center in Busan,” Prestige Biopharma Chairman Park So-yeon told reporters at the Convention on Pharmaceutical Ingredients (CPHI) Worldwide 2023, the world’s largest pharma trade show that kicked off earlier this week in Barcelona, Spain.
The new plant, called Innovative Discovery Center or IDC, is currently under construction on a 31,000 square-meter site in the southern port city, with plans for completion by May next year. A total of $152 million has been injected into the construction.
With the completion, the firm’s main R&D unit will be relocated to the new facility. In line with the relocation, its staff members are also expected to surge from the current 55 to some 200 by 2030.
Currently, the firm’s Singapore headquarters is responsible for overseeing clinical trials and regulatory approval of new drugs, while its plant in Osong, North Chungcheong Province, is responsible for contract manufacturing.
Park stressed that the new Busan R&D center will play a key role in completing its value chain encompassing research, development and production of new antibody drugs.
She added the new facility will share floor space with its open innovation partners, including medical schools in the region.
"Open innovation will allow the company to speed up its research and development of new antibody drugs and reduce costs," Park said.
“When the new center is completed, we plan to invite officials from our partner firms, including the CancerX project. The center will become a global hub for new drug development.”
Cancer X is a public-private partnership program part of the Biden administration’s Cancer Moonshot Project. Prestige Biopharma also joined the program in July.
Currently, the company is waiting for regulatory approval for its biosimilars, including its Herceptin biosimilar HD201 and Humira biosimilar PBP1502. For the HD201, the firm has signed a license-out deal with four global partners.
Samsung Group Chairman Lee Jae-yong and SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won are set to travel to the Neth ...
During the second week of November, Seoul will be the stage for three of the world's top orches ...
More than 84 percent of cattle in South Korea have been vaccinated against lumpy skin disease, with ...
- Hanwha Aerospace lands W3.2tr tank supply deal with Australia
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- Catch fleeting fall foliage with exciting outdoor activities
- [Our Museums] Legacy of early Catholics at Korean Catholic Martyrs' Museum
- [Today’s K
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- N. Korea notifies Japan of plan to launch satellite between Wednesday and Dec. 1: report
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
- OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
- 인요한 “한동훈, 신선하고 합리적…총선 역할 결정된다면 좋은 일”
- Unique indoor dating spots to warm your winter days
- Will Suneung without ‘killer questions’ reduce reliance on private education?
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- Jungkook becomes first Korean soloist to log 2 songs in Top 5 of Billboard's Hot 100
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- [From the scene] Eye
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- For esports fans, more activities await beyond LoL matches
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- [Our Museums] Explore cinematic treasures at Korean Film Museum
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- Samsung, LG, Hyundai closely monitoring potential biz fallout from Israel
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- Half of Loona restarts as quintet Loossemble
- Big firms' debt