Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
简介A former chief of the Financial Services Commission expressed optimism that the Korean people, who h ...
A former chief of the Financial Services Commission expressed optimism that the Korean people, who have achieved unprecedented economic growth over the past several decades, possess inherent qualities that will enable them to surmount the global economic crisis.
Speaking at the Global Business Forum held at Grand Hyatt Seoul on Wednesday, Kim Seok-dong, chairman of the Jipyong Institute of Humanities and Society, an affiliate of Jipyong LLC, gave a historical overview of the factors that led up to the current economic turmoil and the complex interplay of nations in every part of the world.
South Korea is not exempt from the challenges posed by these global factors as they exert a significant impact on its economy, he noted.
“Burdened by low birth rates, high unemployment rates, mounting household and corporate debt and asset bubbles, our economic situation is quite worrisome,” Kim said. “However, Koreans possess the tenacity, adventurous spirit, competitiveness and leadership required to navigate these challenges.”
He underlined the shared qualities and determination of the Korean people in achieving collective goals and suggested that the business leaders attending the forum are key agents in elevating Korea's position on the global stage.
During the opening remarks, Alisher Abdusalomov, counsellor at the Embassy of Uzbekistan, expressed hopes for stronger bilateral relations with South Korea and the attraction of foreign investment to Uzbekistan, a nation with economic potential.
Abdusalomov highlighted Uzbekistan's burgeoning economy, abundant natural resources and strong manufacturing, presenting various economic opportunities.
“South Korea and Uzbekistan are historically linked through Koryoin -- ethnic Koreans from Central Asia,” he said. “With Koryoin acting as firm bridges between the two nations, I hope this would not be the last time meeting this group of business leaders.”
The GBF, organized by The Korea Herald, is an association of experts in a wide range of fields, including business leaders, scholars, diplomats and celebrities, aiming at providing comprehensive views on industrial changes.
Online art platform ART Fin kicks off the exhibition “The Present” on Tuesday at ART Fin gallery in ...
The space economy is expanding and becoming increasingly global, and South Korea is leaping forward ...
Information technology service provider LG CNS said Thursday that it has launched a generative artif ...
- BTS Jungkook's star
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- Over 90% of fines for illegal short selling imposed on foreign firms
- [New on scene] Hong Xa
- SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
- SK Ecoplant recycles over 6,000 tons of batteries
- Pyongyang denies allegations of Hamas using North Korean weapons
- Doosan Robotics to supply chicken
- 공군 수송기 급파, 한·일 220명 텔아비브 탈출
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- [From the Scene] Don't remember Itaewon alley as place of death, victims' families say
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- Hyundai looks to repeat late founder’s Mideast success with EVs, hydrogen
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- FNC to debut new boy band Ampers&One on Nov. 15
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- N. Korea to close its embassy in Uganda: report
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- Seoul shares dip amid grim outlook for EV sector
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- Maestro Semyon Bychkov breaks silence on Israel–Hamas war
- 정청래, 가결파 징계에 "신상필벌은 당연…잠시 미뤄둔 것"
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains