Kingdom introduces last of its 7 kingdoms in 7th EP
简介K-pop boy group Kingdom on Wednesday made a comeback with its 7th EP, “History Of Kingdom: Part. VII ...
K-pop boy group Kingdom on Wednesday made a comeback with its 7th EP, “History Of Kingdom: Part. VII. Jahan.”
The album faced difficulties before its official release as all 70,000 pre-made copies of the album had to be discarded and redesigned due to its resemblance to the Quran.
The album cover drew backlash from fans as soon as the group’s agency, GF Entertainment, shared the design of the album for pre-orders, which had been scheduled to start on Sep. 21.
“We want to emphasize that we respect people of the Muslim faith. We were uneducated about the religion and we want to apologize. We promise that we will be more careful about what we present to the public,” said Dann, the leader of Kingdom, during a press conference in Seoul.
Kingdom’s seventh EP revolves around its member Jahan, who represents the kingdom of the Sun in the group of seven. All members represent a certain kind of kingdom.
“Our new album comprises songs that have an addictive hook. Different from our previous releases, we tried to accentuate our masculinity in this album as the tracks have powerful and fast tempo beats,” said Dann as he introduced the group’s new album.
The group performed the album's title track, “Coup d’Etat,” for the first time on stage in front of local reporters during the press conference.
Kingdom began in a pyramid-like formation and continued into powerful choreography.
The title track had an addictive hook and was accompanied by repetitive yet catchy choreography.
“The title track is about a dark force taking over the kingdom of the sun against which Jahan and the other six kings gather to fight against and regain control of the kingdom,” said Hwon.
“The highlight dance move in this track looks as if we are summoning a genie from a magic lamp,” Arthur of Kingdom said, showing the highlight dance move.
The group filmed the music video for the title track in different locations across India, including a desert.
“It was our first time in India. A lot of local people surrounded us to watch us film. When we were filming in the desert, the sand made it hard for us to shoot but it made for a perfect scene for the music video,” said Ivan.
Kingdom debuted in February 2021 and successfully made a name for itself overseas with its fourth EP, “History Of Kingdom: Part IV. Dann.”
The album led the group to top five music charts on Amazon Music, and it landed on Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart for the third time in a row.
Cheorwon, one of the coldest counties in Korea located in Gangwon Province, on Thursday announced th ...
Starting in October, major South Korean milk companies will raise their product prices, following th ...
SM Entertainment, home to some of the biggest K-pop names like aespa, Red Velvet and NCT, covered Ja ...
- 4 contentious bills scrapped in revote after Yoon's veto
- NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 6th month in October
- S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
Citibank named top international bank of 2023 in Korea
[Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
[Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
Uzbekistan, Korea boost customs cooperation
Hyundai, Kia's combined exports set to hit 2 mln in 2023
[Herald Interview] Kim Jee
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
- Yoon says China would not benefit from trilateral cooperation with Russia, N. Korea
- Seoul to push through bill to ban dog meat consumption
- Gov't administrative network down for 2nd day; recovery efforts under way
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
- Prosecutors seek 5
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- CJ Olive Young opens foreigner
- Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- [Today’s K
- Davichi to return with new single next month
- ‘北 정찰위성 3차 발사’ 질문에 美 국방부 “계속 모니터링”
- Epitaph plaque for wife of first Korean diplomatic minister in US returns to Korea
- Posco secures W6tr supply deal from Lotte Energy Materials
- Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
- LG, Hyundai, YouTube team up for in
- Floor leader of main opposition party voices disappointment at Yoon's budget speech
- Kakao taxi
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- [Herald Review] ‘Zzz’ lulls audience to sleep through onstage performance
- Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
- On verge of closing, rural school tries to lure students with financial benefits
- Subway car seats to be removed in two subway cars for more space: Seoul Metro
- Yoon doubles down on cutting national debt in 2024 budget speech
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists