'Teenage Mercenary’ leads Korean webtoon sensation in Japan
简介Naver Webtoon’s action series “Teenage Mercenary” has achieved the highest transaction volume in the ...
Naver Webtoon’s action series “Teenage Mercenary” has achieved the highest transaction volume in the history of Naver Webtoon Japan.
According to the South Korean tech giant’s digital comics platform, the series generated monthly sales of 1.6 billion won ($1.18 million) in September, and garnered more than 300 million accumulated reads from Japanese fans.
Helmed by webtoon creators YC and Rakyeon, “Teenage Mercenary” revolves around Yu Ijin, who lost his parents in a plane crash and became a child mercenary to survive in a foreign land.
The series, which started to serialize in November 2020, was published in 10 languages -- including English, French, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, German and more.
Since its premiere on Naver Webtoon’s Japanese platform Line Manga in 2021, “Teenage Mercenary” became a top-rated webtoon among Japanese readers reaching No. 1 on Line Manga’s best webtoon chart in 2022.
With more than 1.1 billion accumulated reads as of October, “Teenage Mercenary” became one of the company’s most popular global IPs.
조선중앙TV는 지난 3월 8일 개최된 인민군 창건 75주년 기념 열병식 녹화중계에서 김정은 국무위원장과 '백두산 군마등정'을 한 백마를 공개했다. 중앙TV는 "우리 원수님 백두전구 ...
The National Changgeuk Company of Korea, which recently premiered its modern take on traditional cha ...
More Koreans are expressing a preference for offering cash instead of gift sets to their parents dur ...
- [Rising Virtuosos] Multitalented pianist Kim Song
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- [Herald Interview] Jung Soo
- Culture minister to discuss exchanges with Vatican this week
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- Citibank named top international bank of 2023 in Korea
- ART Fin runs holiday
- US trade body finds no patent breaches by Samsung over digital signage: sources
- Footballer Hwang's sister
- Secret life of pets? Increase in fires caused by pets left home alone
- [Today’s K
- 안희정, 복귀 시동?…"이제 죄인 아니다" 지지자들과 양평 1박2일
- New Mercedes
- '삐뽀삐뽀 119' 하정훈도 국힘 간다…이수정 등 5명 합류 확정
- Man fined W2m for throwing his dog from second floor
- 한 경기도 안 뛰고 병역 면제?…국감 오른 아시안게임 '병특'
- Political parties call for revision of military exemptions for athletes
- Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- 기세 올린 이재명 체제…이번엔 한동훈 겨냥 공세 집중
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- Chinese avant
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- [Herald Interview] Indonesia's Aladin Bank CEO eyes digital banking partnerships with Korea
- S. Korea may decide to increase medical student quota as early as next week
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- [Today’s K