您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
简介The Daegu International Opera Festival, marking its 20th anniversary this year, kicked off with Rich ...
The Daegu International Opera Festival, marking its 20th anniversary this year, kicked off with Richard Strauss’ “Salome" last week, a modern interpretation by opera director Michael Struminger.
Through Nov. 10, the festival is set to offer four more productions including Strauss’ “Elektra,” and three Verdi operas at the Daegu Opera House.
Bulgaria's Sofia Opera and Ballet, together with Daegu Opera House, will put on the Korean premiere of “Elektra” on Oct. 20 and 21. Based on the Greek tragedy of the same title by Sophocles, the opera tells the story of Elektra, a woman consumed by a desire for vengeance against her mother who played a role in the murder of Elektra’s father.
On Friday and Saturday, Verdi’s “Rigoletto” will be presented by Seoul Metropolitan Opera, which is participating in the Daegu International Opera Festival for the first time in 13 years.
On Oct. 27 and 28, Korea National Opera will introduce its latest production, “Macbeth,” directed by Fabio Ceresa, an Italian opera director and librettist, and conducted by Sebastian Lang-Lessing.
Closing the festival, Daegu-based Yongnam Opera will bring Verdi’s “Otello” to the stage on Nov. 3 and 4.
“One notable aspect of this festival is the presentation of intense tragedies that aim to provide the audience with a catharsis,” Chung Kab-gun, the director of Daegu Opera House, commented on the lineup of the festival, adding, "Aristotle mentioned in 'Poetics' that tragedy achieves the catharsis of emotions. 'Catharsis' is a Greek word meaning 'purification,' signifying the purification of the soul through tragedy."
"This year's theme, 'Now, Start afresh!' also reflects the desire for the audience to experience the purification of the soul and be reborn through the medium of tragedy," he noted.
- 부모와 아이
South Korea’s National Assembly on Friday voted to discard a set of bills aimed at giving the state ...
- 부모와 아이
South Korean stocks started a tad lower Monday as investors took a cautious approach ahead of the ea ...
- 부모와 아이
국민의힘 안철수 의원. 연합뉴스안철수 국민의힘 의원이 15일 “내부총질로 당을 망치는 응석받이 이준석을 가짜뉴스 배포, 강서구청장 선거방해 등의 혐의로 제명해 줄 것을 요청하는 서 ...
S. Korea determined to become tourism powerhouse
N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
Key ruling party officials offer to resign over by
北, 개성공단 30개 시설 무단 가동…통일부 "분명히 책임 묻겠다"
S. Korea to review additional measures against N. Korea's arms transfer to Russia
- Korea, Japan hold working
- Korea Herald, Indonesia's Kompas vow to deepen media ties
- [Herald Interview] Lee Eung
- N. Korea closes 7 embassies, now down to 46, says Seoul
- Drunk driver who killed father of two gets 10 years
- 'Violent crimes induced by noise disputes increased tenfold since 2016'
- S. Korea's economy grows 0.6% in Q3, unchanged from earlier estimate
- [Today’s K
- Exhibition opens to deepen ‘Olympic experience’
- Solbi talks about dealing with malicious online comments in documentary
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- [Herald Interview] Jung Soo
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’