DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
简介DB Robotics, a first-generation robot developer in South Korea, has revealed the nation’s first hybr ...
DB Robotics, a first-generation robot developer in South Korea, has revealed the nation’s first hybrid electric rollator that also converts into a wheelchair, the company said Tuesday.
Compared to a standing walker, the new electric rollator has motors around each of its four wheels, enabling individuals with limited mobility to leave their house freely. Even on an incline, the electric motors accelerate, allowing the wheels to move up the slope without additional effort.
In order to prevent falling accidents, the rollator also features LED lights to illuminate the ground when it is dark outside.
DB Robotics will launch two types of electric rollators, a general model and an advanced model. While the general model includes the aforementioned features of electric motors, LED lights and a speed controller, the advanced model has a navigation function and an AI sensor that detects when the rollator is moving downhill. The sensor will automatically engage the brakes to prevent accidents.
Based on the history of searched destinations and an AI-based real-time location system, the rollators can also assist in locating their owners if they get lost.
The electric rollators can be manually operated depending on the situation, the company said.
“While imported European rollators are sold at a high price relative to their function, DB Robotics’ new rollators are equipped with cutting-edge functions that ensure safety and durability,” said DB Robotics CEO Lee Bae. “With exceptionally low prices, we also maintain competitiveness in the market.”
In partnership with the Seoul Metropolitan Government and Gyeonggi Province, the company is also promoting free donations of its new electric rollators to senior centers and hospitals.
South Korea's culture minister plans to meet Vatican officials in Italy this week to discuss bi ...
A total of 16 South Korean climate tech companies, ranging from promising startups to well-establish ...
As of the end of September, the number of short-term and long-term foreign residents in Korea was 2. ...
- More cultural assets to be digitized
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- Filming set for season 2 of 'Squid Game' unveiled to press
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
안희정, 복귀 시동?…"이제 죄인 아니다" 지지자들과 양평 1박2일
Seoul shares close more than 1% higher on extended Israel
Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
Yoon travels to Netherlands for chip allaince, strategic partnership
"조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- 신당 추진 이준석 ‘천아용인’과 회동…김용태 “작전 이해 간다”
- ‘Feminist’ and ‘mama’s boy’ make the least desirable dates in Korea, survey finds
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Buddhism scholar committed to expanding Korean studies at Yale
- 검사탄핵안 이어…야당, 이번엔 검사 좌표찍기
- Bass Youn Kwang
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- Yoon's approval rating falls for first time in 3 weeks to 34.7%
- Park Bom to return with new single ‘I’
- [Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- 인요한 "변하든지 죽든지…말 듣지 않으면 매도 들 수 있다"
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains
- 윤재옥 "이재명 '내각 총사퇴' 주장, 정쟁을 위한 도전장"
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- 4 North Koreans cross maritime border, say want to defect
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- Seoul shares snap 3
- 500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
- 한·사우디 43년 만의 공동성명 “방산·네옴시티 협력 강화”
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US