简介Given South Korea and Vietnam's complementary roles, there is more room for bilateral cooperati ...
Given South Korea and Vietnam's complementary roles, there is more room for bilateral cooperation between the two countries, said Vietnamese Ambassador to South Korea Nguyen Vu Tung on Wednesday.
"Vietnam and South Korea can formulate such a good partnership. With Vietnam's abundant labor forces, I bet South Korean companies will be able to enjoy a new wave of business opportunities based on their advanced technologies," said Tung at the Global Biz Forum held at Summit Gallery in southern Seoul.
Tung, who was named ambassador in 2020, stressed that the future of the two countries' relationship can be led by the private sector.
"In recent years, I saw the growing number of Vietnamese and South Koreans living in each other's country for various purposes such as education and employment. It could happen because there were a lot of incentives in the private sector. And, I believe there still remain many business opportunities."
In the following session, Yu Hyon-jun, a professor at Hongik University's architecture department, shed light on the importance of frequent human exchanges for social growth.
"Historically, human civilizations prospered only when enjoying high population density. This is because when more people gather, the more ideas they can produce, which leads to the overall growth in society," Yu explained.
Yu stressed that South Korea should build more public parks in order to trigger a new drive for national growth.
South Korea enjoyed rapid economic development in the 1970s when a large number of apartment complexes were built in Seoul, the city's capital where most of the development was concentrated, Yu said. Likewise, Korea installed tons of optical cables across the nation, creating an advanced internet infrastructure, which also allowed the information and telecommunication industry to flourish, he added.
Global streaming service Netflix on Thursday unveiled part of the set for the second season of "Squi ...
South Korea is set to open its largest-ever defense exhibition Tuesday to boost exports of its lates ...
More than 160 South Korean nationals arrived home from Israel aboard a military aircraft late Saturd ...
Secret life of pets? Increase in fires caused by pets left home alone
163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
LG Energy Solution to supply EV battery modules to Poland's ICPT
Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- Half of young people struggling financially: Seoul
- Passengers file complaints over burning smell on Gimpo Goldline
- S. Korea, US, Japan to discuss regional security issues: White House
- Investigators, not teachers, to handle school violence from next year
- GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
- Citibank Korea hosts digital forum for corporate clients
- [KH Explains] Banks, regulators trade blame for snowballing ELS losses
- Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
- G7 leaders strongly condemn N. Korea's satellite launch, arms transfers to Russia
- Moon officials tried to cover up North Korea’s murder of South Korean: state inspectors
- [Herald Interview] Hyundai Motor takes step
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
- JYP's Japanese girl group NiziU debuts in Korea with single album ‘Press Play’
- [Bills in Focus] Fighting trade theft, reinforcing depositor protection
- [사진] “군 초급간부 여건 개선 노력해달라”
- [Herald Interview] Pleasantly surprised
- FM holds back
- Korean doctors see income surge amid intensifying physician shortage
- Culture minister vows greater scrutiny over arts funding
- Exports of passenger cars up 16 pct in Q3 on eco
- Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’
- Seoul shares inch up on bargain hunting ahead of Fed meeting
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- Hyundai Rotem debuts world's 1st LTE
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of Fed meeting this week
- [News Analysis] Could Kakao’s M&A strategy be its own undoing?
- Plush bag charms in high demand among young Korean women
- [Herald Interview] Korean Cultural Center in Madrid aims to extend, expand Korean culture in Spain